- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup roughly chopped raw almonds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- Chia seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup almond or peanut butter (natural style)
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- Place dates in a small bowl and cover with water. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Remove dates from microwave and place in food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- In a small saucepan, combine nut butter and honey and melt over low heat, stirring to combine.
- In a large bowl, place oats, dried fruit, nuts, cinnamon, salt and dates. Pour nut butter and honey mixture over the oats and stir to combine. Use your hands if you have to (coat them in cooking spray first) and really get everything mixed together. The oats will absorb the dates and nut butter mixture you just have to work it.
- Spoon oat mixture into a parchment paper lined 13 x 9 dish and spread evenly. I like to use a piece of plastic wrap to press it down into the pan. Place in freezer until set, about 1 hour. Lift parchment out of the dish and slice into bars. Store in fridge or freezer.